Re: [O] Occurance property, or some similar name?

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] Occurance property, or some similar name?
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 10:19:49 +0200

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 22:52, Christopher Allan Webber
<address@hidden> wrote:
> ** Pick up bike from the shop
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :OCCURANCE: <2011-04-12 Tue 19:00>
>   :END:
>
> etc.
>
> It's nice to know there's a meta-property for TIMESTAMP, but I'm
> specifically looking for a nice place to put that timestamp away.  This
> is for cleanliness / easy get-set purposes.

The name could be critical. To avoid any confusions/collisions I would
recommend to use just that name TIMESTAMP for easy get/set access:

* _appointment_ that _occurs_ at bike shop
  :PROPERTIES:
  :TIMESTAMP: <2011-04-12 Tue 19:00>
  :END:

> I'm partly trying to see if other people want this as much as I do.
> Surely I'm not the only one who finds putting active timestamps on the
> headline or scattered just anywhere in the entry kind of gross?

I would like to have generally some special properties case by case
inside _or_ outside of the properties drawer, like e. g. CLOSED,
CATEGORY, TAG etc. See also the current discussion
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/40801/focus=40813
and the similar discussion linked there.

In this case of TIMESTAMP it would be allowed e. g.

* _appointment_ that _occurs_ at bike shop (keyword inside drawer)
  :PROPERTIES:
  :TIMESTAMP: <2011-04-12 Tue 19:00>
  :END:
* _appointment_ that _occurs_ at bike shop (keyword outside drawer)
  :TIMESTAMP: <2011-04-12 Tue 19:00>
* _appointment_ that _occurs_ at bike shop (keyword-less, at least for
backward compatibility)
  <2011-04-12 Tue 19:00>

Michael