Re: [O] Hide / expand tags

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] Hide / expand tags
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 11:44:56 +0200

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 20:57, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Is it possible to hide tags?

No.

> Rationale: Sometimes an item has so many tags, that it becomes kind of
> annoying visually.
> It'd be nice to have a command to hide/expand tags.  What do you think?

I think it'd be nice for this to have the _alternative_ to put the
tags into the properties drawer and occasionally view and edit them
with a column view:

#+SPECIAL_PROPERTIES: TAGS=drawer:PROPERTIES   <= only a suggestion
* TODO xy
  :PROPERTIES:
  :TAGS:     :work:home:
  :END:

Maybe this could also be useful for some other special properties, see
the thread
"Why are special properties like CLOSED etc. not in the properties drawer?"
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/40571/focus=40579

Btw.: I did also not find a way to change the alignment of tags in the
agenda view like it is possible for Org files with org-tags-column ->
another reason I kind of avoid tags and try to use CATEGORY instead,
but there it is not easy to have multiple items like e. g. `work' and
`home'. What a pity that this way I miss tag features like e. g. the
well supported tag search or the single key tag setting described at
the end of
http://orgmode.org/manual/Setting-tags.html#Setting-tags

Michael