Re: [O] how to insert a source template

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] how to insert a source template
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 01:04:22 -0600

Hi Petro,

You can use yasnippet to expand keywords into templates (like code
blocks) with TAB, see the following for instructions on using yasnippet
with Org-mode [1].

Alternately you could add the following elisp code to your config, and
bind the `org-insert-block' function to a comfortable key combination.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (defun org-insert-block (lang)
    (interactive "Mlanguage: ")
    (insert (format "#+begin_src %s\n  \n#+end_src" lang))
    (goto-char (- (point) 10)))
#+end_src

Cheers -- Eric

Piter_ <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all.
> I have no big knowlege of elisp. But I hope some one already done this.
> I want to make a key binding which would insert a source code template
> like this (I've got tired to type it every time):
>
> #+source:
> #+begin_src
>
> #+end_src
>
> Thanks.