Re: [O] LaTeX export: inline markup underscore problem

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] LaTeX export: inline markup underscore problem
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 06:58:43 -1000

Aloha Mauro,

On my system I define a citep link:

#+source: define-citep-link
#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results silent
    (org-add-link-type
     "citep" 'ebib
     (lambda (path desc format)
       (cond
        ((eq format 'html)
         (format "(<cite>%s</cite>)" path))
        ((eq format 'latex)
         (if (or (not desc) (equal 0 (search "citep:" desc)))
               (format "\\citep{%s}" path)
               (format "\\citep[%s]{%s}" desc path)
  )))))
#+end_src

then the following Org-mode source:

Hawaiian archaeology's response to the late Roger Green's call for an
investigation of diachronic settlement patterns
[[citep:green84:_settl_patter_studies_ocean]] has been slow and difficult.

exports as:

Hawaiian archaeology's response to the late Roger Green's call for an
investigation of diachronic settlement patterns
\citep{green84:_settl_patter_studies_ocean} has been slow and difficult.

Perhaps you could post a minimal example that doesn't work for you?

Note that this solution doesn't depend on ebib.  It is perfectly OK to enter the bibliography key by hand if you prefer.

On your other observation: I don't use underscores in headlines, so hadn't run across the limitation in the cross references that you mention.  I don't know if there is any way around this.  If you do find a way, please feel free to add the solution to the LaTeX export tutorial.

All the best,
Tom