Re: [O] Re: Emacs-orgmode Digest, Vol 62, Issue 11

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Re: Emacs-orgmode Digest, Vol 62, Issue 11
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 16:45:37 -0600

Hi Matthew,

You're not missing anything obvious, there are two points which are
keeping this from succeeding.

First, emacs-lisp did not support the ":results output", however I've
just pushed up a patch which adds this support to emacs-lisp code
blocks.

Second, you have ":export output" below, when you should have ":results
output", and if you do want to change export options the header argument
is ":exports" (plural) not ":export".  I really need to implement some
sort of highlighting to catch these small header-argument errors as
they're extremely common.

With the latest Org-mode the following should work.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results output
  (let ((dog (sqrt 2))
        (cat 7))
    (print (format "%s %f" "Dog: " (eval dog)))
    (print (format "%s %d" "Cat: " (eval cat)) nil)
    (print "Fish."))
#+end_src

#+results:
:
: "Dog:  1.414214"
:
: "Cat:  7"
:
: "Fish."

Although I'd recommend returning the value as a list

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (let ((dog (sqrt 2))
        (cat 7))
    `((dog ,dog)