[O] Problem with [xxx] inside a footnote

From: Alan L Tyree
Subject: [O] Problem with [xxx] inside a footnote
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 17:07:58 +1000

Hello Orgsters,

I don't know if this is a bug, but it is a problem for me. I have the
following footnote:

[fn:1: Although this risk is usually negligible, bank cheques are not
"the same as cash": see Sidney Raper Pty Ltd v Commonwealth Trading
Bank of Australia [1975] 2 NSWLR 227; Justin Seward Pty Ltd v
Commissioner of Rural and Industries Bank
(1980) 60 FLR 51; and Yan v Post Office Bank Ltd [1994] 1 NZLR 150]

The problem, of course, is that Org-mode thinks that the right bracket
at the end of [1975] terminates the footnote. Part of the footnote
becomes regular text.

I can probably do some kind of a hack for my own purposes, but
shouldn't footnotes allow balanced []s inside?

Thanks for any comments (or for any suggested hack),
Alan

Tel:  04 2748 6206