Re: [O] [babel] By default, code blocks should not be evaluated during e

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] By default, code blocks should not be evaluated during export
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 08:56:57 +0200

On 08/04/11 06:23, Paul Sexton wrote:
> The default value of `org-export-babel-evaluate' is t.
>
> Having just crashed my Emacs session 5 times in a row trying to get
> a file containing a BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp ... END_SRC *code example*
> to export to HTML...
>
> I strongly feel it should default to nil.
>
> I also feel that "executable code block" and "quoted code example that I would
> like to display/export with pretty syntax highlighting" are two very different
> concepts, and should have different block names.

If you put

#+BABEL: :exports code

at the beginning of your file, only the code will be executed an not
evaluated - you can then use

#+begin_src python :exports results
  YOUR CODE
#+end_src

to export the results (see "Working with source code --- Header
arguments --- Specific header arguments --- :exports" in the org manual

or am I missing something here?

Rainer

> eg #+BEGIN_EXEC for the executable blocks?
> or allow an argument to example blocks, eg "#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE python" ?
>
> Paul

- --
Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Natural Sciences Building