Re: [O] org-kill-line sometimes crashes emacs

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] org-kill-line sometimes crashes emacs
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 18:13:10 -0400

Thomas Jack <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 8:20 PM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Yes, I can. What version of emacs are you using?
> >
> > Mine is: GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
> > 2.22.0) of 2011-03-16. I'll update
>
> Thanks! Glad it's not just me.

Not me: I'd be gladder if it was just you ;-)

> I'm all the way back on "GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+
> Version 2.22.0) of 2010-11-26 on crested, modified by Debian".

That's worse than I thought: I was hoping that it was some recent change
that might have affected only 24.0.50 and I was further hoping that it
might have been fixed by now. I'll still update one of these days and try
it again, but the hope has dimmed considerably...

> I still can't figure out the exact conditions under which it happens,
> but so far I've only seen the crash when the link I'm killing is to
> the target headline. That could just be a red herring...

Whatever the color of the herring, emacs should *not* crash noway, nohow :-)

Nick