Re: [O] Why are special properties like CLOSED etc. not in the propertie

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] Why are special properties like CLOSED etc. not in the properties drawer?
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 19:27:53 +0200

Hi all

For many use cases I would like one of both opposites:
1) the option to have e. g. CLOSED: as :CLOSED: in a drawer and on its
own line as mentioned before
2) the option to have e. g. :CATEGORY: without any drawer, like:

* holidays
  :CATEGORY: holiday
** xmas
   <2011-12-25 Sun>
** new year
   <2012-01-01 Sun>

instead of first looking at:

* holidays
  :PROPERTIES:...
** xmas

and then navigate to :PROPERTIES: to open it:

* holidays
  :PROPERTIES:
  :CATEGORY: holiday
  :END:
** xmas

To see the category directly, of course there are `C-u C-u C-u <TAB>',
column view and maybe more, but these might not always be preferred.

As a coincidence or not in the choice of the property for the example
above, :CATEGORY: is the only special property that is allowed as a
key in the properties drawer, see
http://orgmode.org/manual/Special-properties.html
and it is also the only special property that can not live (yet?)
outside this drawer.

Michael