[O] Re: subscribe org list, but opt out from recieving mails.

From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
Subject: [O] Re: subscribe org list, but opt out from recieving mails.
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 05:55:04 +0900

Hi Bernt,
Thanks for the response.,

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

> Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> Robert Pluim <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I believe you can post via gmane without being subscribed to the list
>>> (this post being an example :) )
>>
>> Thanks, Fist I thought so, then I was afraid of giving manual work to the
>> moderators for spam verification. Thanks for the confirmation.
>>
>> Yagnesh
>
> Hi Yagnesh,
>
> Yes you can do this.  That is how I am set up.  I read the list through
> gmane (and Gnus) and am subscribed and set up to not receive email from
> the list.  This allows posts by me to get to the list without requiring
> moderation and I get to read the list the way that is most convenient
> for me.
>
> When someone does reply-all which includes my email address I get a copy
> of that mail in my inbox and I'll definitely notice it and respond.
> Posts intended for me but just sent only to the list may not be read for
> long periods of time (read: days) so the author may not get a timely
> response.

Thanks I could do that. I didn't notice that there is an option to
login into the Mailman and change the subscription option.

BTW your org page is great. I feel sometimes it may take years for me to
reach the end of your document ;)

Thanks,
Yangesh.

--
You display the wonderful traits of charm and courtesy.