[O] Re: Timer mode doesn't hyphenate correctly

From: Nicolas
Subject: [O] Re: Timer mode doesn't hyphenate correctly
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 17:21:50 +0200

"Mark S" <address@hidden> writes:

> --- On Thu, 3/31/11, Nicolas <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> It doesn't "want" anything. If you hit M-RET between left
>> margin and
>> beginning of item's body, the new item will be inserted
>> before the
>> current one. Otherwise, it will be inserted after it, as in
>> any other
>> type of list.
>>Anyway, you can always sort your timer list with "C-c ^".
>>

> Actually, its a little different. If you hit alt-enter at the end of
> a line, without typing other text first, like
>
>    - 0:00:02 :: <alt><enter>
>
> It thinks that you're at the beginning of a line and places the
> date-stamp *above* :
>
>    - 0:03:43 ::
>    - 0:00:02 ::

I didn't say at the beginning of line but before _item's body_. The tag
in a description list (or a timer list) isn't considered as the body of
the item, so my point is still valid. It would be the same with
a checkbox.

The advantage of this behavior is that M-RET will (or should) never
break list structure. Imagine M-RET in the middle of a checkbox or an
item tag.

Regards,

--
Nicolas