Re: [O] Illiterate programming question

From: Sean O'Halpin
Subject: Re: [O] Illiterate programming question
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 21:09:18 +0100

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 11:52 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
> Babel does have a way to bring changes back from pure source code into
> code blocks in an Org-mode document.  While it isn't perfect (especially
> if you make extensive use of noweb references or variables) there are
> mechanisms to maintain such a /sync/.  To try this out, tangle out code
> with the ":comments yes" header argument, then change an element of the
> tangled source code, and use the `org-babel-detangle' function to bring
> the changes back into the Org-mode document.
>
> Improving the detangling (or "illiterate") features is an area ripe for
> future Babel development.
>
> Cheers -- Eric

Hi,

Could anyone please give a working example of this? I tried tangling
the following:

   * A tangle example

   #+source: body
   #+begin_src ruby :comments yes :noweb yes
     puts "hello"
   #+end_src

   #+source: method
   #+begin_src ruby :comments yes :noweb yes
     def hello
       <<body>>
     end
   #+end_src

   #+source: main
   #+begin_src ruby :comments yes :tangle detangle.rb :noweb yes
     <<method>>
     hello
   #+end_src

and got the output: