[O] Question about org-new-numbered-item

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [O] Question about org-new-numbered-item
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:31:50 -0400

Hi Carsten,

I noticed you have added a new function to org.el called
org-new-numbered-item, which inserts items like this:

* TODO Action #1                                :#1:
* TODO Action #2                                :#2:

I'd be curious to learn more about possible uses for this feature. For
instance, if one reorganizes items, will the actions be renumbered? Do
you envision additional functionality beyond inserting an incremental
string and tag when inserting a new item? In my own experience, todos
generated when taking notes often have to be reordered and tagged after
the fact. How might this interact with the functionality already offered
by enumerated lists? For instance, might it be helpful to be able to
convert a list to a set of enumerated todos and vice versa?

Thanks in advance for entertaining these questions born of brainstorming
and curiosity!

Best,
Matt