Re: [O] Re: Timer mode doesn't hyphenate correctly

From: Mark S
Subject: Re: [O] Re: Timer mode doesn't hyphenate correctly
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 21:39:39 -0800

Hello Matt,

--- On Wed, 3/30/11, Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:

I cannot reproduce this.
All of the following timer items were entered quickly using
M-Tab:
 - 0:01:04 :: An item
  - 0:01:07 :: Another item
  - 0:01:10 :: Yet another

It appears that you can get different results depending on how you start the timer and whether there are prior entries there. Basically, you need to start on a blank line with no prior timing entries. If you start your timer, either with C-c C-x 0 or with C-c C-x - with prior timer entries, you are likely to get the results I described before (double hyphens), or error messages ("not a timer list").

So to people who know the right incantation, I suppose it looks ok. But if you take even a slight detour you may get some strange results.

Maybe there should be a bit more warning in the manual. But now that I've worked out the land-mines, I'm sure its going to be very useful.

Thanks!
Mark