[O] Re: [ANN] Inkmacs

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: [O] Re: [ANN] Inkmacs
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 18:47:58 +0530

Joakim

> https://github.com/jave/inkmacs
>
> Inkmacs integrates Inkscap and Emacs. Interesting for this list is
> inkorg-mode which lets you write text in Org mode and update text  in
> Inkscape.
>
> It's work in progress with some cmubersome dependencies still.
>
> Maybe it could be mentioned here:
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/.

I have seen the entry for this in EmacsWiki for quite sometime now [1].
It looks quite wonderful.

For a common user who doesn't understand much of Inkmacs, SVG etc etc
what does all this amount to? From the overall description it seems like
it would help create wonderful mashups involving graphics and text
(within or outside of Emacs?). The only thing that comes to my mind is -
animated powerpoint slides and posters may be mindmappers.

Could you please add a couple of lines to this announcement that
summarizes the potentiatlities of your work in a way common Emacs user
can understand?

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Inkmacs