[O] Re: Continuation of main section text after subsections ?

From: William Gardella
Subject: [O] Re: Continuation of main section text after subsections ?
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 13:18:11 -0400

"Filippo A. Salustri" <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems to me we're getting into some real design territory here, in
> that it comes down to a question of a "proper" outline.
> I agree that a proper outline is such that Marcel's format is "improper."
> I agree that org follows the proper outline, was designed to suit it,
> and therefore it isn't surprising that it's not trivially easy to
> support Marcel's format too.
>
> I would humbly suggest that the real question is a design / use case
> question.  Is it reasonable to expect authors to stick to proper
> outline format throughout their drafting process?  If it is, then org
> is fine as is.  If it isn't, then there's a problem.
>
> /How/ it's implemented, or worked around, as the case may be, is,
> imho, irrelevant in the long term (tho certainly useful in the short).
>
> Cheers.
> Fil

I think org-mode should aim to be flexible enough to accomodate all
writers, writing tasks, and writing styles.  Maybe for this particular
issue it would be enough to give org-mode an explicit way to "close" a
heading--an Org-wide equivalent to \end{section} in LaTeX, say.  Of
course it would have to be as pithy and unobtrusive as the rest of
org-mode syntax...I'm sure it's possible (because with Elisp practically
everything is possible), but out of my depth. :)

--
William Gardella
J.D. Candidate