Re: [O] Outlook replacement

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Outlook replacement
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 18:59:12 -0700

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 21:11:02 +0000
Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

> The short answer is to use *Emacs* for your email,

How do you (as in all users using Emacs as their email client) deal with
unreliable networks? When I used to use tramp over a particularly
slow/unreliable network day before, I found every time tramp got stuck
emacs would hang too until tramp could recover. I thought it was
because emacs is still not multi-threaded (am I correct?), so a stuck
process would bring make the entire session unresponsive. This was more
annoying when I was running `emacs --daemon'. So as a conpromise, I
resorted to using plugins (wherever I could) to use emacs as my
alternate editor. So far this has worked very well in Firefox (It's all
text), Thunderbird (Alternate Editor) and claws-mail (native support).

Is there any resolution to these issues? If so, I would really love to
try an Emacs based email client. Of course as always if my understanding
is incorrect please feel free to correct me. :)

--
Suvayu