Re: [O] org-remember and lists

From: Aankhen
Subject: Re: [O] org-remember and lists
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 14:42:07 +0530

Hullo,

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 02:07, Radosław Grzanka <address@hidden> wrote:
>  I'm trying to tweak remember templates to follow my needs but I
> fail. I want to do template for my shopping list entries like this:
>
> (setq org-remember-templates (list
>                               (list "shopping" ?s "- [ ] %?\n" (concat
> org-directory
> "notes.org") "Shopping List")
> ))
>
> However after saving, there is header prepended to this like:
>
> ** Thu Mar 24 21:32:49 2011 (- [ ] apples)
>   - [ ] apples
>
> I don't want this - I already have heading with all the info I need "*
> Shopping List". ;) I don't know how to accomplish that.
>
> Any help?

I’m not sure what the problem is here, but ‘org-capture’ is preferred
over remember these days; maybe that would work better for you:

,----
| (require 'org-capture)
| (global-set-key (kbd "C-M-z") 'org-capture) ; use any key you like
| (setq org-capture-templates `(("s" "Shopping" checkitem
|                                (file+headline ,(concat org-directory
"notes.org")
|                                               "Shopping List"))))
`----

Take a look at the manual for more.[1] You may need to update your Org
installation and add the ‘contrib’ directory to ‘load-path’ in order
to use ‘org-capture’.

Hope this helps,
Aankhen

[1]: http://orgmode.org/org.html#Capture