Re: [O] [babel] Trouble with :cache yes

From: Ken.Williams
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Trouble with :cache yes
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:55:07 -0500

On 3/23/11 1:16 PM, "Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> wrote:

><address@hidden> writes:
>>Or perhaps, is there some command to evaluate all blocks in a document
>> that need to be re-evaluated, and save the results back to the buffer?
>> could do that every time before exporting, maybe.
>>

>Fortunately there is such a function, org-babel-execute-buffer, bound to
>C-c C-v b, try C-c C-v h in an Org-mode buffer to see all code block
>specific key bindings.

So I tried doing that, and unfortunately it looks like I'm going to have
to restructure my document a bit if I want to use it.  I'd been using
"#+begin_src" blocks in two different ways - some blocks are just "code
listings" that I don't really intend to run, whereas some blocks are "live
code" that I want to execute when exporting the document - these latter
have Babel-style arguments like ":exports both" or ":results output" and
the like.

Of course, "C-c C-v b" will treat *all* of the blocks like "live code"
blocks, so I'm looking for some way to shut off Babel processing of many
of the blocks and just treat them as styled code listings.  Is there some
flag to do that, or should I switch from "#+BEGIN_SRC sh" to
"#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE sh" or something?  Does BEGIN_EXAMPLE know about
different languages of code?

--
Ken Williams
Senior Research Scientist