[O] Re: unnumbered subsections in latex export

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: [O] Re: unnumbered subsections in latex export
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 23:12:29 +0530

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> This works too, but Lawrence's patch makes it much easier and
>> probably works for other export formats too. Thanks a lot. :)
>>

> No doubt Lawrence's patch can be extended to work for other exports, but
> it's not there yet: each exporter would need a change similar to the one
> that he made to the LaTeX exporter.

Nick is arguing for consistency and completeness. Others are arguing for
convenience. Bastien is siding with hope :-).

I am with Nick on this debate. Nick has made his position stronger by
offering suitable alternatives.

Considering the patch has aleready been accepted I would recommend that
this feature (a quirk?) be not documented at all.

I wish we could emulate the example of Nicolas Goaziou here. Every time
he makes changes to docbook or html or latex exporters due to some
changes in the lists, I cannot stop admiring him ...

Jambunathan K.