[O] [babel] Trouble with :cache yes

From: Ken.Williams
Subject: [O] [babel] Trouble with :cache yes
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 10:29:15 -0500

Hi,

I'm having some trouble getting ":cache yes" to behave the way I think
it's supposed to.  As a test, I have a simple example containing just a
title and one source block:

#+source: testcache
#+begin_src R :cache yes :exports both :results output
dat <-  matrix(runif(12), 3, 4)
print(dat)
#+end_src

If I export this document to HTML (C-c C-e b), Emacs asks me "Evaluate
this R code block (testcache) on your system?"  If I say 'y' it
re-evaluates, if I say 'n' it doesn't, so it doesn't seem like there's any
role that caching gets to play here.

In addition, when I export the document as above, the results are not
saved in the original org-mode buffer, so whatever "#+results" block is
there (or not there) from doing C-c C-c is neither used nor overwritten -
and therefore the exported document contains different results than the
source document.

The behavior I expected (please let me know if my expectation is
incorrect) was for the result of the computation to be cached in the Emacs
buffer when I do the first export, and for that saved result to be
included in the exported content for subsequent exports, until either the
code/inputs change or I delete the results block.

My configuration is:

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 23.2.50.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.8.0, NS
apple-appkit-949.54)
 of 2010-08-18 on braeburn.aquamacs.org - Aquamacs Distribution 2.1
Package: Org-mode version 7.5

Thanks!

--
Ken Williams