Re: [O] Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 20:34:58 +0000

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Eric S Fraga wrote:

[...]

>> where there is no matching #+end_src or, more precisely, the next #+end_src
>> line is one that does not belong to this current source block. Your search
>> (in org.el) for the end of the block assumes that it does have the end
>> statement in place already. I'm not sure how to fix this because it's an
>> ill-defined situation.
>
> You say "your search..." but I only added the overlay-put command... and I
> must admit this whole block is difficult to follow (so many cases).

Yes but the overlay needs to know where to end; I am using search in a
more general sense here in that you are defining the start and end of a
region to overlay using regular expressions, are you not?

[...]

>> My solution, by the way, is to insert the #+end_src line immediately upon
>> writing a #+begin_src line and then back up a line to start writing the
>> code.
>
> "My" solution is even simpler: just use a yasnippet template, that prompts you
> for the language and puts the begin/end upfront:

yes, I used to use yasnippet a lot but I don't any longer.  I am
actually in confusion as to which completion mechanism to use in Emacs
these days and am going a little crazy... :(  I'm currently playing with
auto-complete.

Thanks,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.83.g1bd87.dirty)