[O] Re: Capture question

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [O] Re: Capture question
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 10:41:34 -0400

Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:

> As far as I understand GMail sends a multipart message, plain text
> and html mixed. I can't comment further as I don't know much more about
> email technologies and standards.

And FWIW, Gnus users can make sure they don't see the html parts of
multipart/alternative messages sent by Gmail by setting the variable
mm-discouraged-alternatives or by converting the html to text via
mm-text-html-renderer.

This doesn't fix the underlying problem of Gmail users sending multipart
messages, but it at least makes the emails readable.

Best,
Matt