[O] Re: Merging .org files

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [O] Re: Merging .org files
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 08:53:48 -0400

Aankhen <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 02:08, Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Pere Quintana Seguí <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Now I have to learn to better navigate within my much longer org files.
>>> Before, I used ido-mode to jump from buffer to buffer, now I guess I
>>> have to practise more sparse trees to jump from headline to headline.
>>
>> I use this function to jump quickly (via ido) to a first level headline
>> in my org files:
>>
>> [snip]
>
> Do you normally have ‘org-completion-use-ido’ turned off or something?
> (Just wondering why you couldn’t use ‘org-refile’ directly.)

Yes, that is correct. I normally have org-completion-use-ido turned off.

You could easily call org-refile with a prefix argument directly from
within an org-buffer. However, I find it more convenient to bind
"(org-refile t)" to one of the function keys than to type C-u C-c C-w.
The latter works only on org buffers, while the former is global.
Moreover, when navigating org files in this way, I only want to see
first level headlines, whereas my default refile binding uses deeper
levels.

Best,
Matt