Re: [O] gnowsys-mode update?

From: Nagarjuna G
Subject: Re: [O] gnowsys-mode update?
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 16:49:46 +0530

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Martin Weigele <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've run into some texts about "gnowsys" as a major mode extending org,
>
> e.g.
> -
> http://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/Publications/CEUR-WS/Vol-514/paper12.pdf
> - http://lab.gnowledge.org/documentation
>
> which seems to be about linking org-mode to semantic web ideas like OWL.
>
> But it seems also there is nothing much to be found after 2009.
>
> Is this still an active thing going on on top of orgmode?

yes.  we still maintain it and runs well on top of and depends on orgmode.

> If not what happened to it?
>
> Any hints greatly appreciated.

Yes.  We use the gnowsys-mode interface for sites running using
gnowsys.  So far this is the only complete interface for gnowsys.
Mostly used by the developers and those who maintain the sites, such
as atlas.gnowledge.org

Currently we are exporting the knowledge base only as RDF statements.
OWL export and import are not yet written.

The work stalled since the developer who knows elisp in our team is no
longer very active.  We still need to fix some bugs.

I am glad that somewhere some one is interested in this project.  It
is very encouraging.  Let me know what kind of usecase you have
thought about for using gnowsys-mode.

--
GN