[O] Following links in an indirect buffer

From: Shaun Johnson
Subject: [O] Following links in an indirect buffer
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 14:08:29 +0000

Hi all,

I regularly work in an indirect buffer created by org-tree-to-indirect-buffer.

Following an id: type link in such a buffer seems to always switche to the
base buffer even if the target is visible in the indirect buffer.

Is the buffer switching intended behaviour or is this a bug?

Following an ordinary link (like [[Target]]) does not exhibit this buffer
switching behaviour. However if the target is outside the visible part of
the indirect buffer the buffer will be widened and point will move to the
target but only after being told that there is no match and asked if I want
to create a new heading.

In the case where the target is outside the visible part of the indirect
buffer I would prefer it if the link was opened in the base buffer.

Again is this intended behaviour or a bug?

Thanks in advance,

Shaun.