Re: [O] org-clock-report to insert a :scope sutree report when called fr

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] org-clock-report to insert a :scope sutree report when called from within a subtree?
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 08:26:43 -0500

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 5:52 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

The default when creating a clock report is to use :scope file.  I find
it not practical for big files, where the report can take long to build.

I'm thinking of applying this change: when called from within a subtree,
`C-c C-x C-r' will insert a clock report with ":scope subtree", and use
":scope subtree" elsewhere.

Please let me know if you think that's a bad idea.

It probably depends on the number of people using huge files vs. those not. Or the number of people who want this vs. those that don't. Actually, I don't think it really matters because it's so easy to change it anyway. Once it's created and changed a little, I often don't change it again.

Personally, my org-mode usage favors "bite-sized" files that get replaced over time rather than keeping huge files. My files cover one month and that's it. Then they are filed away. For me... :scope file isn't a big deal.

John

--
 Bastien