Re: [O] Table formula changes are not always necessary when moving rows

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] Table formula changes are not always necessary when moving rows
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 07:03:29 +0100

On 28.2.2011, at 12:43, Tom wrote:

> I have a table in which I sum the values of all rows in the last
> row: vsum(@address@hidden). The problem is when move a row with M-up
> before the first row (e.g. I press M-up on the second row) then
> org modifies this formula to vsum(@address@hidden).

Hi Tom,

I have thought a bit more about this issue.  I do agree that,
in particular when specifying ranges, it may not always
desirable to have the formulas automatically adapt when
rows and columns are swapped.

I have just pushed a change that makes $< and @< refer in
a stable way to the first column and row, respectively.
You can also use @<<< to mean the second row and @>>
the second to last row.

I hope this will prove to be useful for such cases.

Regards

P.S. Nick (Dokos), I also added them to get the symmetry with
the @> and $> references :)