Re: [O] org-passwords

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] org-passwords
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 09:38:57 -0500

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 9:07 AM, Andrea Crotti
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Last week I finally wrote all my passwords in a crypted org file, using
> properties and column mode.
>
> This is very nice, and taking inspiration from the wonderful
> org-contacts, I decided to open on github org-passwords.
>
> https://github.com/AndreaCrotti/org-passwords
>
> This VERY simple initial version already basically works, asking name of
> the service, username and password and storing it in a (hopefully)
> cypted file.
>
> Now it would be nice to make it easy to fetch and modify passwords.
> Another thing which I'm a bit "annoyed" is that keeping crypted files
> under git, I never see the real diff since the files are binary.
>
> Do maybe some of you found a way to see a text diff even on crypted
> files?

No idea... but my searching yielded:
-
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2456954/git-encrypt-decrypt-remote-repository-files-while-push-pull
-
http://git.661346.n2.nabble.com/Transparently-encrypt-repository-contents-with-GPG-td2470145.html

They both seem to be speaking about the same thing. Not really
understanding it all, but it sounds like a locally kept "filter" of
some sort that runs gpg -d on whatever files you pull and gpg -ea on
whatever you push.

John