Re: [O][Babel] tangle - kind of macro expansion inside src blocks?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O][Babel] tangle - kind of macro expansion inside src blocks?
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 09:35:07 -0600

Hello Olaf,

I've just added a new hook through which you will be able to expand
regular Org-mode style macros in code block bodies during export.  The
following org-mode snippet demonstrates its use.

First, add macro expansion to the new `org-babel-tangle-body-hook'.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results silent
  (add-hook 'org-babel-tangle-body-hook
            (lambda () (org-export-preprocess-apply-macros)))
#+end_src

Then define the macro.  Note: you may need to export the buffer before
tangling so that the macro definition is noticed and processed by
Org-mode.

#+MACRO: CONFIG_PARAM01 45

Then on both export and tangling the macro in the following code block
will be replaced.

#+begin_src sh :tangle yes
  echo org-mode set CONFIG_PARAMETER to: {{{CONFIG_PARAM01}}}
#+end_src

Cheers -- Eric