Re: [O] latex fragments, dvipng and mathjax

From: Jeff Horn
Subject: Re: [O] latex fragments, dvipng and mathjax
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 17:56:04 -0500

Another advantage of MathJax:

1) It degrades nicely in browsers without MathML (all webkit browsers)
2) Equations are still copy-and-pasteable into Word, if you're into
that sort of thing.

> That forces HTML-CSS output and from what I can see on the mathjax site,
> that should improve things - but it doesn't for me, so I'm still not out
> of the woods. Maybe MathJax doesn't know where to get the TeX fonts?

I thought MathJax used custom fonts, which is the bulk of the 100 MB
installation, since each glyph is its own image. I could be wrong
about this.

--
Jeffrey Horn
http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/