Re: [O] Re: [Accepted] Re: Bug: Jumping to a date in the agenda changes

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Re: [Accepted] Re: Bug: Jumping to a date in the agenda changes view back to 'day' [7.4 (release_7.4.80.g0e5e5)]
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 18:15:32 +0100

Hi Michael,

thanks for the test.

Michael Brand <address@hidden> writes:

> I just tested your latest change and found an issue which has not been
> mentioned in my test cases described earlier in this thread, either
> because it was not an issue or I did not take notice of it:
>
> * test case: open custom agenda view
>   1) emacs -q --eval '(progn
>          (global-set-key (kbd "C-c a") (quote org-agenda))
>          (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>              (quote (("x" "test" ((agenda)))))))'

Note that block agendas are useful in case you want multiple agenda
views.  In the custom command above, agenda should be enough.

>   2) C-c a a: point is on today like expected
>   3) C-c a x: point is not on today but is expected to be like above

Block agenda can be a mix of todo, todo-tags, agenda, etc.  So while I
agree you expect the point on today for your specific block agenda, I
think leaving the cursor at the beginning of the block agenda buffer is
generally a good thing.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien