Re: [O] org google weather

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: [O] org google weather
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 21:35:08 +0100

Hi Bastien,

On 5 Mar 2011, at 18:07, Bastien wrote:

Sorry, not sure I was clear enough: my point was that you can *already* select tasks you want to appear on the dayly agenda view and not on the
weekly agenda view.

It's just a matter of writing an org-agenda-skip-function that react
differently depending on org-agenda-span.

Right, you "just" need to write a function ;-)

I guess I wasn't clear enough either, because that's what my proposal is about as well. My idea is

1) Use some property (or tag) to mark events in an org-file as "day view only". 2) Write an org-agenda-skip-function that checks for that property/tag AND checks the value of org-agenda-span.

What keeps me from writing that function right now is that I don't know the internals of org-mode well enough to know how to check for a propery or tag. I expect to spend an hour reading source code, and that's for another day :-)

Konrad.