Re: [O] org google weather

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] org google weather
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 18:25:34 -0500

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> wrote:

> Because of this:
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>     (setq org-agenda-default-appointment-duration 60)
> #+end_src
>
> I get:
>
>     ,----
>     | 2011-03-05 Sat
>     |                0:01-1:01  now ____
>     |   Weather:     7:18-8:18  Sunrise (+0100)
>     |                8:00-9:00  ________
>     |               10:00-11:00 ________
>     |               12:00-13:00 ________
>     |               14:00-15:00 ________
>     |               16:00-17:00 ________
>     |               18:00-19:00 ________
>     |   Weather:    18:24-19:24 Sunset (+0100)
>     `----
>
> i.e, a not-that-clear indication of when the sunrise/sunset is supposed to
> happen.
>
> In this case, it's clearly a one-minute event. Is there, then, a way to avoid
> the "+ 1 hour" range computation for it, while keeping the above variable for
> other common tasks?

Not that I know of, but maybe a generalization of the feature that
Konrad was looking for might be what's needed: give properties to agenda
entry generators, so e.g. they cause the agenda entry to be only
displayed today, or to be of a given duration (0 in this case, 10 mins
in some other case, 1 hour by default), etc.  The difficult thing is to
make it general enough, concise enough and undestandable enough for mere
mortals to have a chance.

Nick