Re: [O] using org-mode with MS Outlook

From: Dirk-Jan C . Binnema
Subject: Re: [O] using org-mode with MS Outlook
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 08:10:55 +0200

Hi David,

  DE> I would like to move my calendar and task data from MS Outlook into
  DE> org files. I would like to know if anyone has done this and what is
  DE> the best way to do this. I know that MS Outlook can export to an
  DE> icalendar file. So, if there is an easy way to import that into and
  DE> org file, that will solve the calendar issue.

I took a slightly different approach; when I get meeting-invitations etc.,
Exchange usually sends a message; so what I did was to write some code to
parse these message and add the item to my org-calendar.

The approach is a bit fragile, and there are quite a few cases which are not
handled very well; still it may be useful; so find attached
org-exchange-capture.el; ideas for improvements are welcome.

Best wishes,
Dirk.

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema                  Helsinki, Finland
e:address@hidden           w:www.djcbsoftware.nl
pgp: D09C E664 897D 7D39 5047 A178 E96A C7A1 017D DA3C