Re: [O] IMPORTANT: please update your email filters

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [O] IMPORTANT: please update your email filters
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 22:29:47 -0500

Matt Lundin <address@hidden> writes:

> Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Artificially adding the [Orgmode] label to make sure nobody misses this
>> announcement.
>>
> FWIW, this new label seems to have confused Gmane:
>
> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode

I should clarify. The old [Orgmode] label was automatically removed from
the subject line of archived mail on Gmane. The new [O] label is not.
This adds a fair bit of clutter and noise to the archived conversations.
Does anyone know whether something needs to be changed on Gmane's end?

FWIW, I find the [O] label a little bit too short and cryptic for
effective visual scanning. It is very similar, for instance to [OT], a
commonly used subject label. I first thought it might stand for "Open",
until I found all the other posts bearing the label. I imagine it could
also be confused with [0].

Thanks,
Matt