Re: [O] Re: unicode chars in org-emphasis-regexp-components

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Re: unicode chars in org-emphasis-regexp-components
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 10:19:07 +0800

On Wed, Mar 02 2011, Bastien wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Okay, I was getting confused by the escaped double quotes. I've set it
>> properly, so far as I can tell, but it's still failing to recognize
>> emphasis markers when they're next to my unicode characters,
>> specifically—the m-dash and ellipsis…
>>
>> Is this somehow debuggable, say in an elisp REPL using internal
>> functions? Can I provide any more useful information?
>
> Yes - you may share the new value of org-emphasis-regexp-components
> (with unicode characters) so that we can try ourselves.  Should be a
> matter of using the right representation of these chars when setting
> the variable.

Here goes. Hopefully the tabs and newlines and invisible characters and
whatnot will come through properly. I expect gnus will try to strip
unprintable characters. At any rate, all I've added is the m-dash and
ellipsis to the first two strings (and changed the number of allowed
newlines to 5).

org-emphasis-regexp-components

Thanks!