Re: [O] Re: [Orgmode] A way to export agenda with links into org-files t

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Re: [Orgmode] A way to export agenda with links into org-files to html ?
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 18:57:15 +0100

Hi Hrvoje,

Hrvoje Niksic <address@hidden> writes:

>> This are the typical text properties for an Org-mode link:
>>
>>   face                 org-link
>>   help-echo            "LINK: http://bonjour.fr";
>>   mouse-face           highlight
>
> These three properties (face, help-echo, mouse-face) are general, which
> would require htmlize to deduce URLs from them much like it now deduces
> URLs by examining buffer text.  I would like to offer a better
> alternative.
>
> What I had in mind is a general property that marks a URI reference.
> For example, a `uri-ref' property could refer to the URI that would
> cause htmlize to generate an <a href="..."> link, `browse-url' to react
> to mouse clicks to that area, etc.  The property value would typically
> be a string containing the URI, but could also be a plist describing the
> reference.
>
> ;; just the URI
> (put-text-property beg end 'uri-ref "http://bonjour.fr";)

I see.  So (thing-at-point 'url) would return the url/uri depending on
that 'uri-ref property.  But as far as I've understood, thing-at-point
does not rely on properties -- am I wrong?

Unless such a property can be used with thing-at-point (for `browse-url'
and other commands), I'd rather put the burden of finding the proper ref
to htmlize, based on the help-echo area...

What do you think?

--
 Bastien