[O] Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-babel-read should have option NOT to interpret

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: [O] Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-babel-read should have option NOT to interpret as elisp
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 20:10:12 -0700

Hi Seb,

earlier in this thread, I attached a patch which allows string results
in tables which look like elisp to be interpreted literally, e.g.,

#+results: elisp-looking-table
| 1 | (+ 1 1) |
| 2 | (+ 2 2) |
| 3 | (+ 3 3) |

#+begin_src perl :var data=elisp-looking-table[1,1]
  $data
#+end_src

results in

#+results:
: (+ 2 2)

rather than

#+results:
: 4

> Trying what you wrote on
> http://eschulte.github.com/babel-dev/DONE-literal-values-from-tables.html,
> that is using $$2 instead of $2 has the following behavior: when evaluating
> the table, Org prompts me for a "Lisp expression"!?

It like doubel dollar sign syntax in table evaluation has bit-rot.  It
appears that some other part of Org-mode now interprets the double
dollar sign as a prompt to the user -- although I can't seem to find the
relevant code.  The `sbe' in-table evaluation could use some attention.

Best -- Eric