[Orgmode] Re: Org-Remember C-1 C-c C-c

From: Andy Koppe
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Org-Remember C-1 C-c C-c
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 09:54:48 +0000 (UTC)

Matthew Sauer writes:
> > Whenever I use Remember to shoot a note to a specific location I
> > press C-1 and get the following error:
> > M-[ 1 ; 5 q is undefined

> The problem I was getting when I was pressing C-1 still exists but I believe
> is due to incorrect mapping of Mintty/Cygwin (I am running on XP on the
> laptop)
> as it works correctly in the windows version of emacs I have installed.  (it
> also has issues with C-3 and other C-number combinations but that is a
> function
> of Mintty I believe.

You'll see similar issues in other terminal emulators, because there are no
standard escape sequences for C-number combinations. The sequences sent by
mintty are documented here:

http://code.google.com/p/mintty/wiki/Keycodes#Number_and_symbol_keys

So I'm afraid you'll need to map those manually. You don't say whether you were
using the GUI or console version of Windows emacs, but either way there programs
do get access to all key combinations via the relevant APIs, rather than having
to deal with escape sequences.

Andy