[Orgmode] Re: Go to today in Calendar

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Go to today in Calendar
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 09:40:29 +0100

Hi Bastien,

Bastien wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>> Is it because of some order to respect in the different allowed timestamps
>> (active, inactive, scheduled, deadline)
>
> Yes, SCHEDULED (or DEADLINE) should come first.

OK. I did not think that mattered much, but that's no problem.

> In general, I tend to avoid mixing several timestamps format for the same
> entry (I just allow myself to use both SCHEDULED and DEADLINE, since that
> makes sense.)

I almost never mix many dates, but this comes from the following "need": I
capture emails I have to respond to, and

- I want the original date to be saved, and
- add my SCHEDULED timestamp onto it.

This is done with the following template (in which I just inversed the two
lines containing dates):

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
                  ("m" "Mail" entry
                   (file+headline ,org-default-notes-file "Tasks")
                   "* TODO %:subject%? (from %:fromname) :mail:
   SCHEDULED: %t
   %:date-timestamp-inactive

#+begin_verse
%i
#+end_verse

>From %a"
                   :empty-lines 1 :immediate-finish)
#+end_src

You'll tell me that I could use PROPERTIES as well, but I think I'd loose the
ability to sort the tasks tree based on the inactive dates.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban