[Orgmode] Org-Babel and R - no latex output

From: Ben Ward
Subject: [Orgmode] Org-Babel and R - no latex output
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 04:05:33 +0000

Hi,

I recently installed emacs, org-mode fresh on a new install of Arch
Linux. Before I had it working on Ubuntu.

I've installed everything as before and used the same .emacs file I had,
but if I use org to write out some R script and export to pdf via latex,
then I get an empty pdf document, with only the title and Contents
heading. However if I export to anything else such as html it works, and
shows me code and results. I've tried even installing a version of org
mode from source, using the build system my distro has, so as it's made
and installed to exactly the right place, but I still don't have any
luck. The texlive version I'm using is from my distro's package manager.
Using C-c C-c to evaluate on the fly works. I had an issue getting org
and babel to work with R on Windows 7 as well, but it was because
certain tex packages were missing and I recieved a message when I tried
to export, but nothing comes up here.

Would the recent change:
Org-babel is now inside org, remove (require 'org-babel-init)
  and alike from your .emacs.
  Look at http://orgmode.org/Changes.html#ob-configuration-changes
  for overview of the settings.
Be causing the entire issue?