[Orgmode] Note buffer killed unexpectedly

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [Orgmode] Note buffer killed unexpectedly
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 16:10:13 -0500

After typing a note, I pressed C-u C-c C-c and unintentionally killed the
buffer without saving the note.  I should've pressed C-c C-c, but I'm so
used to pressing C-u C-c C-c to refile each new task, that I used that key
combination instead.

Why would adding a prefix argument to C-c C-c kill *Org Note*?

In general I'm nervous about using scratch buffers such as *Org Note* for
anything I wish to save.  Is there an option to auto-save its contents to a
visited file called something like ~/#Org Note#?  Or can I add a
confirmation before I close the buffer?  Perhaps if I modified
org-add-log-note to somehow change the call to
(org-switch-to-buffer-other-window "Org Note")...?

BTW, org-version is set to "TAG=7.01g" -- I haven't upgraded in a few
months.

FWIW, my customizations are on emacswiki:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/RaymondZeitler

TIA for any helpful advice you can give on the matter.

--
Raymond Zeitler <address@hidden>