[Orgmode] Re: ical2org (better timezone recognition and better default f

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: ical2org (better timezone recognition and better default for max_age option)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 12:28:45 -0800

Hi

> however, I'm a little concerned with some of the other changes,
> specifically that all timed events have become scheduled todo
> entries (of type GCAL) which really doesn't fit in with my use case
> at all unfortunately.

probably should make this configurable. How about defining a string that
is attached to all entries, this could then be "GCAL", "TODO" or just
empty "".

The reason that I added the GCAL is that when I want to exclude them
from being exported back into google, so a tag worked fine, but I guess
this could also be done in other ways.

> I think scheduled events should be restricted to TODO entries --
> maybe it's a matter of figuring out how google exports tasks and keep
> diary entries as just that?

I'm not using google tasks or emacs diary, so I can't really say how
this would work

> I do like that you are picking up the LOCATION and STATUS fields.  I
> wonder if these could be made into properties for the org headlines
> you create, much as is done with the UID entry?

should be easy.

ARUN