Re: [Orgmode] Re: Can I input multiline in a cell?

From: brian powell
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Can I input multiline in a cell?
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 14:03:58 -0500

They were plain text emails?

(Believe me, I understand what you mean/the problems people cause when they paste things in the buffer that aren't plain text--that is one reason to use OrgMode.)

In any case, sorry about that--I just copied-and-pasted my tests--right from the OrgTable/file?

My suggestion then (after all that "brainstorming crap") boils down to this alone:

Maybe put in 1 key in table mode that puts a dummy line in, maybe something like this:

--it puts in the same number of cell separators and empty cells on empty line as are on the previous line---or you could just do:

Cu 8 | <Enter> <Tab>

And then it spreads it out/covers-down the columns--or the user then just taps <Tab>

(OrgMode will then format the table for them)

And then the OrgMode user would type in the multi-line-text column in the respective column-cells.

Or I suggest a keyboard-macro (to put in the "dummy rows") for this too; thats what I'll do--I'll put it in my .emacs.

Thanks Bastien and Wang.

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Brian,

brian powell <address@hidden> writes:

> Howsabout some code to put in a "dummy row" in an OrgMode Table--this
> would facilitate inputting multi-line-text--i.e. a key in OrgMode/
> TableMode/CalcMode
> would insert exactly a line like this in the table below:

Please use plain text emails...  those emails are completely unreadable
for me.  Especially crucial when talking about tables and formats.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien