Re: [Orgmode] Re: A mail client that is org-mode compatible

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: A mail client that is org-mode compatible
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 10:11:03 -0700

Carl Bolduc <address@hidden> writes:

>> gnus is an obvious candidate. It can be a bit of a steep learning curve
>> initially. I use it to interact with two different gmail accounts via
>> imap, as well as a few nntp groups, like this one. I'm finding the
>> development version of gnus a pleasure to use for this: it is fast, and
>> there's a very nice search facility both for imap and for nntp
>> groups. (E.g. I used to find it hard to reply in an old thread, but not
>> any longer)
>
> Hi Dan,
>
> Could you share some details of your gnus implementation with GMail? I
> have been trying to setup this based on various sites and I never
> succeded.
>
> I would love to use gnus with gmail and Org-Mode.

A while ago I put together a set of instruction on configuring gnus with
gmail, once you know what to do it is fairly straightforward.  Please
let me know if this causes you any problems.

For using imap (probably the recommended option)
http://eschulte.github.com/emacs-starter-kit/starter-kit-gnus-imap.html

for using pop
http://eschulte.github.com/emacs-starter-kit/starter-kit-gnus-pop.html