Re: [Orgmode] Insert ampersand in HTML export?

From: Uriel Avalos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Insert ampersand in HTML export?
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 11:48:31 -0500

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 09:34:08 +0100
Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2011, at 9:25 PM, Uriel Avalos wrote:
>
> > How do you insert the actual & character in an HTML export?
> >
> > I'm trying to write a macro to insert a MATHML snippet but org-mode
> > converts & to &amp;.
> >
> > How can I prevent that behavior?
>
> Hi Uriel,
>
> do you really want everyone here to construct their own test case for
> this?
>
> Please provide an example file with the macro definition and its
> use to make it as easy as possible for someone to try it out and fix it.
>
> Thanks
>
> - Carsten

Look, there isn't really a "test" case. I'm just asking if this feature is
available.
The docs just say that & exports to &amp; in HTML export and \$ in latex
export.
I'm asking if there's a way to disable that feature on a case-by-case basis
i.e.,
I want & to export to & in HTML export for some situations. Hope that's clear
enough.

Here's a test macro:

This should be "angle $1". The MATML snippet works fine in a HTML file in
firefox linux but the macro does not. I get this in the HTML export:

& gets incorrectly converted to &amp;