Re: [Orgmode] Re: S5 export

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: S5 export
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:22:49 +0100

Hi Achim,

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
>> I would welcome an approach where we factor out some elements of
>> org-export-as-html, so that exporting to s5 would just require the
>> user to customize those elements.
>
> Sorry for piggy-backing onto this topic, but I seem to remember the
> mention of a "generic exporter" on this list, but I don't remember what
> the outcome of that discussion was.  While looking at the table export I
> realized that there is lots of duplicated code just for exporting the
> tables, which seems wasteful (and error-prone in the longer term). Would
> it seem reasonable to have a "generic export" function that parses the
> org document into a structure of callbacks and lists and then only
> define the callbacks for each backend?

There are now three generic exporters:

- org-export-generic.el in contrib/lisp/ by Wes Hardaker
- org-export.el (in EXPERIMENTAL/)
- the one that Jambunathan and Lennart provide with the odt export

I will document org-export.el -- don't hesitate to have a look.

I will also take time to look more closely at the work Lennart did
for the odt export to see whether we can refactor some org-parse.el
with the parsing functions in org-export.el.

This requires more time that I have everyday, expect this to happen
after a long week-end!

--
 Bastien