Re: [Orgmode] Re: Announcing org-contacts, a bbdb-like contact manager f

From: Julien Danjou
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Announcing org-contacts, a bbdb-like contact manager for Org
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 17:56:13 +0100

On Thu, Feb 10 2011, Tassilo Horn wrote:

> I'm also using Emacs 24, and for me it doesn't work.

Ok. Anyway I've just double checked, and it worst than that.

Typing 'a' complete to 'aA' (instead of 'Anne <mailaddress>') and then
does nothing since aA is not valid.

I'm not sure completion-at-point-functions is correctly usable in this
same dondition as message/bbdb completion was. The latter used to return
a function which is marked as decouraged in
`completion-at-point-functions' docstring. So org-contacts does not use
it. OTOH, returning a (START END COLLECTION) triplet is not very usable
since if you return a collection that start with a different character
set than (buffer-substring start end), it does not work.

(Cc'ing emacs-devel, in case someone has an advice on that.)

--
Julien Danjou
❱ http://julien.danjou.info