Re: [Orgmode] auto-complete mode with org-mode

From: phaebz
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] auto-complete mode with org-mode
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 12:13:19 +0200

On 02/06/2011 04:00 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> phaebz <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> remapped the ac-expand now. There is just one more annoyance: When the
>> completions popup-menu gets displayed, for every line that has an
>> org-style *heading, the completions line drawn over it starts just
>> with the first letter and then an ellipsis "..."
>>
>> I try to present an org snippet for an example:
>>
>> #+BEGIN_org-sample
>> * first heading
>> --- popup-menu starts here ---
>> cobra
>> c...
>> c...
>> c...
>> c...
>> computer
>> connection
>> --- popup menu ends here ---
>> co<point>
>>
>> some more text
>> #+END_org-sample
>>
>> All lines in the popup menu that start with c..., would be real
>> completion candidates, which get folded away because of underlying
>> folded org-headings.
>>
>> Any ideas on this?
>>
>> Michael Bach
> I have the same problem.  I am not sure how the ellipsis are "drawn" in
> the buffer but maybe the issue has to do with overlays?  grasping at
> straws here... maybe somebody else can help.  it is a slight annoyance
> and only happens in org buffers, and only when there are collapsed
> headings in the vicinity of where you are typing.

Hm. Well thanks for thinking about it anyway. It is really just a slight
annoyance, but as the number of org-buffers increases - they seem to fit more
and more purposes the more I use org, esp. for quick write-ups where this issue
annoys me the most - this annoyance increases also ;)

But then it is just so nice to use org anyways, I gladly accept this sort of
behaviour.